POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: It seems that every year Public Safety faces new challenges. This year our most current problem is the dismantling and theft of the new high-density halogen headlights that are being installed on vehicles. Upon doing a crime analysis it appears that most of these thefts are being committed in the open air and not in the parking garages. If possible, if you have these headlights on your vehicle try to park in a parking garage.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6
2:07 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
7:47 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 7
12:46 p.m. 1540 Levante Ave. Theft
3:30 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
8:10 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
MONDAY OCTOBER 11
9:09 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1:08 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Theft
3:23 p.m. 1540 Corniche Ave. Theft
4:52 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
6:40 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

TUESDAY OCTOBER 12
6:05 a.m. 5600 Blk. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Criminal Mischief
8:45 p.m. 1500 Blk. Of Corniche Ave.
Theft

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

With the seven-run victory, Miami won its ACC Championship opener for the fifth consecutive season. ...

For the second time in three years, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami women's t ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...