POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: It seems that every year Public Safety faces new challenges. This year our most current problem is the dismantling and theft of the new high-density halogen headlights that are being installed on vehicles. Upon doing a crime analysis it appears that most of these thefts are being committed in the open air and not in the parking garages. If possible, if you have these headlights on your vehicle try to park in a parking garage.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6
2:07 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
7:47 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 7
12:46 p.m. 1540 Levante Ave. Theft
3:30 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
8:10 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
MONDAY OCTOBER 11
9:09 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1:08 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Theft
3:23 p.m. 1540 Corniche Ave. Theft
4:52 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
6:40 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

TUESDAY OCTOBER 12
6:05 a.m. 5600 Blk. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Criminal Mischief
8:45 p.m. 1500 Blk. Of Corniche Ave.
Theft

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

The University of Miami volleyball team (10-6, 6-3 ACC) came up short in an ACC home match for the f ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...