POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: It seems that every year Public Safety faces new challenges. This year our most current problem is the dismantling and theft of the new high-density halogen headlights that are being installed on vehicles. Upon doing a crime analysis it appears that most of these thefts are being committed in the open air and not in the parking garages. If possible, if you have these headlights on your vehicle try to park in a parking garage.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6
2:07 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
7:47 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 7
12:46 p.m. 1540 Levante Ave. Theft
3:30 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
8:10 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
MONDAY OCTOBER 11
9:09 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1:08 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Theft
3:23 p.m. 1540 Corniche Ave. Theft
4:52 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
6:40 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

TUESDAY OCTOBER 12
6:05 a.m. 5600 Blk. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Criminal Mischief
8:45 p.m. 1500 Blk. Of Corniche Ave.
Theft

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...