POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: It seems that every year Public Safety faces new challenges. This year our most current problem is the dismantling and theft of the new high-density halogen headlights that are being installed on vehicles. Upon doing a crime analysis it appears that most of these thefts are being committed in the open air and not in the parking garages. If possible, if you have these headlights on your vehicle try to park in a parking garage.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6
2:07 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
7:47 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 7
12:46 p.m. 1540 Levante Ave. Theft
3:30 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
8:10 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
MONDAY OCTOBER 11
9:09 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1:08 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Theft
3:23 p.m. 1540 Corniche Ave. Theft
4:52 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
6:40 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

TUESDAY OCTOBER 12
6:05 a.m. 5600 Blk. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Criminal Mischief
8:45 p.m. 1500 Blk. Of Corniche Ave.
Theft

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...