CD REVIEW

When I heard the very first song on this album and Shedd’s voice started, I was so relieved because she could actually sing! Now, when anyone with cash can put out an album, it’s really rare to find people with actual vocal talent. Not only does Shedd have some very decent vocal abilities, but also her lyrics are very insightful and thought provoking.

The vocals are very sweet and clear. With a laid back attitude, this feel-good album is a definite keeper. Shedd is very self-assertive in her music. Although she sounds accusing and hurt, her self-control is kept in check. She serenades her listeners with a gentle voice and feel-good vibes. The instrumental aspect of Shedd is also commendable. She has a good range of instruments, including some skilled percussionists and guitarists.

OK kids, it’s time to step outside the music box that you’ve been hiding! Think you like heavy metal? You could like something else too. Anyway, check out some Shedd. Everyone has got to like something about her.

Padma Sarvepalli can be contacted at

p.sarvepalli@umiami.edu.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...