CD REVIEW

When I heard the very first song on this album and Shedd’s voice started, I was so relieved because she could actually sing! Now, when anyone with cash can put out an album, it’s really rare to find people with actual vocal talent. Not only does Shedd have some very decent vocal abilities, but also her lyrics are very insightful and thought provoking.

The vocals are very sweet and clear. With a laid back attitude, this feel-good album is a definite keeper. Shedd is very self-assertive in her music. Although she sounds accusing and hurt, her self-control is kept in check. She serenades her listeners with a gentle voice and feel-good vibes. The instrumental aspect of Shedd is also commendable. She has a good range of instruments, including some skilled percussionists and guitarists.

OK kids, it’s time to step outside the music box that you’ve been hiding! Think you like heavy metal? You could like something else too. Anyway, check out some Shedd. Everyone has got to like something about her.

Padma Sarvepalli can be contacted at

p.sarvepalli@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...