LETTER TO THE EDITOR

RE: Politics of the Environment lecture series

Something exceptional happened at the University of Miami campus Thursday, Oct. 7, and, though the event was open to the public, few people knew about it: Carol Browner, former EPA administrator, spoke about the role of government in protecting the environment – what has been attempted and accomplished and what is critically needed now and in the future. Her command of the facts was impressive, her enthusiasm infectious, her commitment contagious.

Yet, her audience was small. Almost nothing had been done to let the public know about an opportunity that offered little discussed but vital information for voters in the coming election. So – kudos to UM for hosting Ms. Browner as a guest lecturer, but, too, a plea for better promotion of such outstanding events in the future. Had the lecture been effectively promoted, the list of signatures of thanks and congratulations would be long.

Barbara Bell

Graduate alum

Good day to everyone. The sun had just risen and those fax machines were already humming. The first ...

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Students in a School of Architecture design studio addressed some of Miami’s most intractable proble ...

Miami Law's Human Rights Clinic is intervening in a case focused on the issue of accountability ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...