LETTER TO THE EDITOR

RE: Politics of the Environment lecture series

Something exceptional happened at the University of Miami campus Thursday, Oct. 7, and, though the event was open to the public, few people knew about it: Carol Browner, former EPA administrator, spoke about the role of government in protecting the environment – what has been attempted and accomplished and what is critically needed now and in the future. Her command of the facts was impressive, her enthusiasm infectious, her commitment contagious.

Yet, her audience was small. Almost nothing had been done to let the public know about an opportunity that offered little discussed but vital information for voters in the coming election. So – kudos to UM for hosting Ms. Browner as a guest lecturer, but, too, a plea for better promotion of such outstanding events in the future. Had the lecture been effectively promoted, the list of signatures of thanks and congratulations would be long.

Barbara Bell

Graduate alum

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...