POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. To protect your self be sure not to give personal information over the phone. Also, check your credit reposrt at least one a year.
If you are a victim of identity theft, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 28
2:23 a.m. 1221 Walsh Ave. Burglary

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 29
1:50 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 30
3:39 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft
11:40 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Assault

SATURDAY OCTOBER 2
12:33 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

SUNDAY OCTOBER 3
12:26 a.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Vandalism
2:55 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

MONDAY OCTOBER 4
6:32 p.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr. Burglary
1:35 p.m. 6100 San Amaro Dr. Theft from structure
6:12 p.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr. Theft from motor vehicle

TUESDAY OCTOBER 5
1:16 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft
3:30 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft
6:22 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
7:48 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...