ART EXHIBIT House and Garden is a deep plunge into domesticity

“A dip in the deep end of domesticity” seems more like a deep plunge into a far concealed and gruesome sight of domesticity. Chad Abel offers his unique perspective on the theme “House and Garden” which titles his current exhibit at the OBJEX ARTSPACE gallery in the design district

Crude depictions of eviscerated barn and domestic animals constitute the trademark of the exhibit, boldly displayed as standing figures or hidden behind a muddle of contrasting colors in paintings. On canvas, the artist spreads bright yellows and rainbow patterns in delicate strokes that gradually turn more aggressive and sloppy. The frequent wild garden displays and colorful rugs of his paintings become grim and complement the sore looks and chocking poses of the models.

Abel conveys obscure messages through bright colors and transforms familiar scenes into hell-like dimensions occupied by none other than members of his family. He pries into his personal conflicts and uses the friction in his m

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...