REPORT CARD

Offense: A-
This was definitely the most complete game for the much-maligned unit, with Berlin throwing the ball well and Frank Gore putting up good numbers. Guess what – the receivers actually had a good game too.

Quarterback: A-
Brock Berlin has never looked sharper, playing an efficient game but not being afraid to take chances deep. Hopefully this will carry over to Louisville.

Running Backs: B
Gore didn’t get into the end zone, but he didn’t need to, and he churned out another 100-yard rushing performance. Tyrone Moss needs to be a little more consistent.

Wide Receivers: B+
I truly don’t understand how freshman Lance Leggett could drop two easy passes against Louisiana Tech and then catch four passes for 80 yards and a touchdown in Atlanta. We’ll take it, though.

Offensive Line: D+
The loss of Eric Winston may mean no Orange Bowl for the Hurricanes. That’s how important he is. The o-line gave up way too many sacks Saturday.

Defense: A
There weren’t many spectacular plays made by the d-line, but it was dominant enough to make Reggie Ball absolutely miserable.

Defensive Line: B
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Leon Williams had his best outing of the season with two-and-a-half sacks. The rest of the unit played well too.

Secondary: A
Devin Hester has proven that he can do anything on a football field, and his interception late in the game was sensational. Brandon Meriweather and Greg Threat had picks as well, and they continue to play exceptionally for the Hurricanes.

Special Teams: A-
Jon Peattie’s 49-yard field goal on the Hurricanes’ first drive was a huge response to Tech’s field goal. Brian Monroe continues to make people forget how awful he was a year ago.

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker can rest easy for two weeks, but he better be ready for a strong Louisville team.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...