REPORT CARD

Offense: A-
This was definitely the most complete game for the much-maligned unit, with Berlin throwing the ball well and Frank Gore putting up good numbers. Guess what – the receivers actually had a good game too.

Quarterback: A-
Brock Berlin has never looked sharper, playing an efficient game but not being afraid to take chances deep. Hopefully this will carry over to Louisville.

Running Backs: B
Gore didn’t get into the end zone, but he didn’t need to, and he churned out another 100-yard rushing performance. Tyrone Moss needs to be a little more consistent.

Wide Receivers: B+
I truly don’t understand how freshman Lance Leggett could drop two easy passes against Louisiana Tech and then catch four passes for 80 yards and a touchdown in Atlanta. We’ll take it, though.

Offensive Line: D+
The loss of Eric Winston may mean no Orange Bowl for the Hurricanes. That’s how important he is. The o-line gave up way too many sacks Saturday.

Defense: A
There weren’t many spectacular plays made by the d-line, but it was dominant enough to make Reggie Ball absolutely miserable.

Defensive Line: B
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Leon Williams had his best outing of the season with two-and-a-half sacks. The rest of the unit played well too.

Secondary: A
Devin Hester has proven that he can do anything on a football field, and his interception late in the game was sensational. Brandon Meriweather and Greg Threat had picks as well, and they continue to play exceptionally for the Hurricanes.

Special Teams: A-
Jon Peattie’s 49-yard field goal on the Hurricanes’ first drive was a huge response to Tech’s field goal. Brian Monroe continues to make people forget how awful he was a year ago.

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker can rest easy for two weeks, but he better be ready for a strong Louisville team.

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...