REPORT CARD

Offense: A-
This was definitely the most complete game for the much-maligned unit, with Berlin throwing the ball well and Frank Gore putting up good numbers. Guess what – the receivers actually had a good game too.

Quarterback: A-
Brock Berlin has never looked sharper, playing an efficient game but not being afraid to take chances deep. Hopefully this will carry over to Louisville.

Running Backs: B
Gore didn’t get into the end zone, but he didn’t need to, and he churned out another 100-yard rushing performance. Tyrone Moss needs to be a little more consistent.

Wide Receivers: B+
I truly don’t understand how freshman Lance Leggett could drop two easy passes against Louisiana Tech and then catch four passes for 80 yards and a touchdown in Atlanta. We’ll take it, though.

Offensive Line: D+
The loss of Eric Winston may mean no Orange Bowl for the Hurricanes. That’s how important he is. The o-line gave up way too many sacks Saturday.

Defense: A
There weren’t many spectacular plays made by the d-line, but it was dominant enough to make Reggie Ball absolutely miserable.

Defensive Line: B
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Leon Williams had his best outing of the season with two-and-a-half sacks. The rest of the unit played well too.

Secondary: A
Devin Hester has proven that he can do anything on a football field, and his interception late in the game was sensational. Brandon Meriweather and Greg Threat had picks as well, and they continue to play exceptionally for the Hurricanes.

Special Teams: A-
Jon Peattie’s 49-yard field goal on the Hurricanes’ first drive was a huge response to Tech’s field goal. Brian Monroe continues to make people forget how awful he was a year ago.

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker can rest easy for two weeks, but he better be ready for a strong Louisville team.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...