POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 22

1:16 p.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Sexual
Female Rape

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 23

1:08 a.m. 1204 Dickinson Dr. Sexual Battery
6:32 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Theft
8:18 p.m. 1301 Memorial Dr. Theft

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 24

2:35 a.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 27

3:47 a.m. San Amaro Dr. & Scodella Ave. Arrest
12:45 p.m. 1216 Dickinson Dr. Theft
6:35 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Simple Battery
9:16 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Theft

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.

>> For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...