FOREIGN POLICIES GUIDE CANDIDATE ON CANDIDATE

IRAQ

Kerry
Involve NATO, U.N. and Muslim countries in Iraq’s reconstruction; quickly train Iraqi security forces; fund and help set up free
elections. Withdraw troops from Iraq within four years.

Bush
Keep U.S. troops in Iraq to combat insurgents, establish security, rebuild infrastructure, and push for elections.

TERRORISM/AL QUEDA

Kerry
Take the fight to the terrorists by whatever means possible; don’t back down, and go after them with U.S. military, improved intelligence, and cooperation with key allies in the region.

Bush
Go after the terrorists with U.S. military; rebuild alliances and coordinate intelligence; promote democracy and freedom, and strive to end U.S. dependence on Middle-Eastern oil.

ALLIANCES/DIPLOMACY

Kerry
Reject unilateralism. Rebuild trust and cooperation with old allies, work more closely; consult with international organizations

Bush
Coordinate with allies to fight
terror and strengthen the global economy, but should the U.S. need to go at it alone, it will.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...