CD Review The Features Exhibit A

A surge of melodies and lyrical coos The Features, the new band from Universal Records, has a psychedelic sound that beats out the sounds. Rambunctious and lively, The Features are very much in the same genre as relatively new chart toppers Franz Ferdinand and Jet, evoking the same vocal sound. This similarity works to The Features advantage as the audience and want for edgy rock n’ roll is definitely evident in society.

Combined with quick to learn lyrics, hand clapping, and hard-edged drums and guitar, the band’s first full-length album, appropriately called Exhibit A, is an excellent debut in the music industry. Although the band does have similar sounds to some of the greats, The Features do have tracks that are fresh and original.

A group of four boys from Sparta, Tennessee, the tracks weave stories of pure fun and funk, troubles, and “The Idea of Growing Old”-a sweet song of the idea of growing old with someone. For comical value, “Me and the Skirts” is a song about courtship that ends in frustration and anger, a slight variation to guy gets the girl.

In general, The Features seem to have grasp on the real sense of rock n’ roll, an excellent start for a band who seems to be on the right path to stardom.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...