CD REVIEW Sahara Hotnights Kiss & Tell

Named one of Rolling Stones “10 Great New Bands” Sahara Hotnights are the new chic rocker chicks on the scene. Producing seventies style rock music with pop the quartet is hot.

Four young Scandinavian women who are bringing new style to the iconic look of old school groups such as Abba, Ace of Base, and the Cardigans, Sahara Hotnights are fusing new school with old school. Comprised of a vocalist, a drummer, a guitarist and her bass-playing sister, the four are an electrifying mix.

Bouncy and full of energy, Kiss & Tell is heavy with underground rock rifts and dance inspired grooves that inspire images of the girls dancing in their underwear. Without sacrificing their edge, the girls managed to produce a sound all of their own while maintaining a seductive yet sexy flair.

Singing about bettering relationships and relationships in general, the girls passionately rock out to pop ballads and head-bobbing beats that are sure to get anyone going. Although the girls lean more to an audience of both closet and non-closet rock chicks, boys may find their sexy edge alluring. Regardless, despite to comparisons to the short-lived The Donnas, the girls of Sahara Hotnights have a real feel, one that will relate to listeners for albums to come.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...