CD REVIEW Sahara Hotnights Kiss & Tell

Named one of Rolling Stones “10 Great New Bands” Sahara Hotnights are the new chic rocker chicks on the scene. Producing seventies style rock music with pop the quartet is hot.

Four young Scandinavian women who are bringing new style to the iconic look of old school groups such as Abba, Ace of Base, and the Cardigans, Sahara Hotnights are fusing new school with old school. Comprised of a vocalist, a drummer, a guitarist and her bass-playing sister, the four are an electrifying mix.

Bouncy and full of energy, Kiss & Tell is heavy with underground rock rifts and dance inspired grooves that inspire images of the girls dancing in their underwear. Without sacrificing their edge, the girls managed to produce a sound all of their own while maintaining a seductive yet sexy flair.

Singing about bettering relationships and relationships in general, the girls passionately rock out to pop ballads and head-bobbing beats that are sure to get anyone going. Although the girls lean more to an audience of both closet and non-closet rock chicks, boys may find their sexy edge alluring. Regardless, despite to comparisons to the short-lived The Donnas, the girls of Sahara Hotnights have a real feel, one that will relate to listeners for albums to come.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...