CD REVIEW John Butler Trio What You Want

An eclectic mix of soul, reggae, and a sultry Australian accent, the John Butler Trio is America’s new import from down under. Honored as being the only Australian artist to debut with a number one album, John Butler Trio knows how to make some good music.

The six-track EP titled What You Want is an eclectic mEnage of country funk, blues, and soul-based beats. Drawing sounds from a variety of instruments such as guitars, banjos, bongos and electronica, John Butler’s beats compare to some of the greats like Zepplin and Ben Harper.

The EP is the trio’s initial release in the United States, soon to be followed by a full-length album in spring of 2005. The EP, however, contains six songs, three of which were unreleased until now. A combination of original songs and a remake version of Lennon and McCartney’s classic “Across the Universe” the conscious lyrics of the trio are moving, emotionally and physically.

Soulful yet full of funk and spirit, the John Bulter Trio is headed for success here in the States – don’t be the last one to realize their talent.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...