CD REVIEW John Butler Trio What You Want

An eclectic mix of soul, reggae, and a sultry Australian accent, the John Butler Trio is America’s new import from down under. Honored as being the only Australian artist to debut with a number one album, John Butler Trio knows how to make some good music.

The six-track EP titled What You Want is an eclectic mEnage of country funk, blues, and soul-based beats. Drawing sounds from a variety of instruments such as guitars, banjos, bongos and electronica, John Butler’s beats compare to some of the greats like Zepplin and Ben Harper.

The EP is the trio’s initial release in the United States, soon to be followed by a full-length album in spring of 2005. The EP, however, contains six songs, three of which were unreleased until now. A combination of original songs and a remake version of Lennon and McCartney’s classic “Across the Universe” the conscious lyrics of the trio are moving, emotionally and physically.

Soulful yet full of funk and spirit, the John Bulter Trio is headed for success here in the States – don’t be the last one to realize their talent.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The start to spring practice this year came with a long delay for Xzavier Henderson. In addition to ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...