The New Face Of Paul Frank

Paul Frank Industries is known for Julius, the cute monkey with the big smile, fun pajamas, t-shirts with fun sayings and almost everything and anything cute. Now, with the debut of the Optometrics line, fashions for men and women and home accessories, Paul Frank is showing a new face.

A company started in 1995 by a newsstand worker named (obviously) Paul Frank, Paul Frank Industries has grown into a mega-market company with a variety of products. Originally started by customizing wallets made from 1950s lettering books and dead stock vinyl, the wallets became a popular accessory in Paul Frank’s hometown of Huntington Beach, California.

After joining up with a venture capitalist and PR managers for Mossimo, Paul Frank Industries was brought to life in January of 1997. Using a wide color palette, vinyl materials and a group of animated characters, Paul Frank has captured the attention of teens and 20-somethings, making the company a household name. Existing only by popular demand, the company has no formal coordinated advertising, no sponsored athletes, and until recently, not even a complete marketing budget.

Now in 2004, Paul Frank has launched a line of watches through a joint agreement with Vestal, and the Optometrics Sunglass line through an agreement with Baum Vision. The watch line features Julius and friends backed by bright colors and watchbands of silver links, stitched leather and a rubber like material. Classic “cute” style to vintage combinations of baby blue and brown, Paul Frank’s watches are sleek and adorable, a cut above the usual tees and accessories that adorn the never-ending racks of beachside surf shops.

The Optometrics line is a mod collection of popular styles, big frames or round ovals

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...