ZEN THOUGHTS RELAX: places to go and things to do to leave stress behind

Life is stressful. Work, school, grades, extracurricular activities, even the other half; no matter what the circumstance, we all need to take a break. So, if that back stretch isn’t working and your nerves are still shaking and your muscles are tight, read on.

Everyday ways to relax:
Breathe deeply! Breathing patterns date back for centuries.
Give yourself at least 30 minutes everyday to have some quiet time. Whether you read a book before you go to bed or just listen to some music, shut everyone out and just be in the moment. Not allowing disturbances will help you settle and ultimately allow you to get refocused.
Allow more time for sleep. Despite long hours and dedicated time to studying and partying, sleep is vital to our bodies. The one thing that students take the most advantage of, sleep helps keep us healthy so that when we pull an all-nighter we don’t wake up with a headache and a runny nose.

Places to help you relax:
Go to the beach! No, not South Beach where people are lounging two inches away from your towel and nearly naked sun worshippers stroll the waterline. Instead go to Biscayne Beach and relax under the swaying palm fronds and play on the sandbar. The relaxed atmosphere is a natural luxury not to be overlooked. The cost? $2
The botanical gardens or the park. Get outdoors and relish in the feel of the sun warming your back and the fresh smell of cut grass- enjoy the flora and fauna of Miami. Strolling outdoors, (away from US-1) is surprisingly satisfying.

If nothing else does it for you:

Shin Wellness
2125 Biscayne Blvd. Suite 540
Miami Florida
(305) 571-9090
info@shinwellness.com

With a cozy zen feeling and a myriad of services, Shin Wellness is the epicenter for relaxation and rejuvenation. Locating in a booming area of Miami, Shin is accessible to an array of patients from athletes trying to reach peak condition, to martial arts enthusiasts and regulars whose main goal is maintaining vitality. The array of services include: chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, energy healing, life coaching, physical therapy, tai chi, yoga, nutritional counseling, inspirational presentations, and life & business counseling.
Started by Life and Business consultant Jonty Braun and Chiropractor Wendy Gallego, the team of specialists will guarantee a refreshing experience.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...