NEWS BRIEFS

The University of Miami’s College of Arts and Sciences and Coral Gables bookstore Books and Books, hosted author Chuck Palahniuk in The Authors’ Studio Sept. 23 at the Bill Cosford Cinema. Some of his most famous works include Fight Club, Diary and his most recent book, Stranger Than Fiction. To the enjoyment of many literary fans, Palahniuk held a book signing an hour before the event. The aim of The Authors’ Studio series is to provide a space for authors to discuss their work and involves university-wide audience participation. The Authors’ Studio is free and open to the public. For further information, please contact Maureen Seaton, director of Creative Writing at (305) 284-2182.
The Omicron Delta Kappa Society is the national leadership honor society for college students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni that recognizes and encourages superior scholarship, leadership and exemplary character. Nomination forms for Fall 2004 have been made available, as Omicron Delta Kappa are searching for people who exemplify Scholarship, Athletics, Social Service, Journalism, and/or Creative or Performing Arts. Membership in ODK is a mark of the highest distinction and honor. Current students in Junior or Senior standing, faculty and administration are all eligible for nomination. Individuals should not nominate themselves, nor tell someone that he/she is being nominated. Applications are due in the Student Activities office by Sept. 27 at 5 p.m.

Attention Commuter Students!
During the week of the Presidential Debate (Sept. 27 through Sept. 30), all students, faculty and staff are required to have their ‘Cane Card ID present at all times. On the day of the debate, Sept. 30, no one will be allowed onto campus without their ID. Therefore, the University is providing lanyards to all students to be worn during the week of the debates. Pick-up will be held in the UC Breezeway from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. starting Wednesday, Sept. 15 through Friday, Sept. 24. Lanyards will also be available starting Monday, Sept. 20 through Friday, Sept. 24 at the Information Desk in the University Center Lower Lounge or from your RA.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...