REPORT CARD

Offense: B
The offense looked much better than it did against Florida State, as expected. If the Hurricanes can consistently run the football and get in the end zone a few times each game, their defense won’t let them lose.

Quarterbacks: C
Brock Berlin had a horrible interception on the Hurricanes’ first drive, but it is hard to complain about a 10-for-14, 122-yard performance in only one half of work. Derrick Crudup and Kyle Wright showed us why they are backups in the second half.

Running Backs: A
Tyrone Moss and Frank Gore didn’t have huge numbers because they didn’t play much during the second half, but they combined for three touchdowns. If they can manage to score three touchdowns between them every game, we will all be booking Orange Bowl tickets this winter.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C
The Hurricanes have two legitimate weapons in tight ends Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen. Darnell Jenkins scored his second touchdown as a ‘Cane, but there were a couple of disturbing drops from freshman Lance Leggett.

Offensive Line: B+
When you score three rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown with little pressure ever being applied to the quarterback, it’s hard to complain.

Defense: A
The Hurricanes have not allowed an offensive touchdown in two games this season. Wow.

Defensive Line: A
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Without injured starter Leon Williams, the linebackers did an admirable job of containing the nation’s leading rusher, Ryan Moats.

Secondary: A
The secondary picked up right where it left off after Florida State, not allowing Donald Allen to make any plays downfield. Antrel Rolle continues to establish himself as the best defensive player in the country.

Special Teams: A+
All I have to say is: Devin Hester for President!

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker did a good job rotating his players throughout the blowout. That was about the only coaching he needed to do in this romp.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...