REPORT CARD

Offense: B
The offense looked much better than it did against Florida State, as expected. If the Hurricanes can consistently run the football and get in the end zone a few times each game, their defense won’t let them lose.

Quarterbacks: C
Brock Berlin had a horrible interception on the Hurricanes’ first drive, but it is hard to complain about a 10-for-14, 122-yard performance in only one half of work. Derrick Crudup and Kyle Wright showed us why they are backups in the second half.

Running Backs: A
Tyrone Moss and Frank Gore didn’t have huge numbers because they didn’t play much during the second half, but they combined for three touchdowns. If they can manage to score three touchdowns between them every game, we will all be booking Orange Bowl tickets this winter.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C
The Hurricanes have two legitimate weapons in tight ends Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen. Darnell Jenkins scored his second touchdown as a ‘Cane, but there were a couple of disturbing drops from freshman Lance Leggett.

Offensive Line: B+
When you score three rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown with little pressure ever being applied to the quarterback, it’s hard to complain.

Defense: A
The Hurricanes have not allowed an offensive touchdown in two games this season. Wow.

Defensive Line: A
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Without injured starter Leon Williams, the linebackers did an admirable job of containing the nation’s leading rusher, Ryan Moats.

Secondary: A
The secondary picked up right where it left off after Florida State, not allowing Donald Allen to make any plays downfield. Antrel Rolle continues to establish himself as the best defensive player in the country.

Special Teams: A+
All I have to say is: Devin Hester for President!

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker did a good job rotating his players throughout the blowout. That was about the only coaching he needed to do in this romp.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...