REPORT CARD

Offense: B
The offense looked much better than it did against Florida State, as expected. If the Hurricanes can consistently run the football and get in the end zone a few times each game, their defense won’t let them lose.

Quarterbacks: C
Brock Berlin had a horrible interception on the Hurricanes’ first drive, but it is hard to complain about a 10-for-14, 122-yard performance in only one half of work. Derrick Crudup and Kyle Wright showed us why they are backups in the second half.

Running Backs: A
Tyrone Moss and Frank Gore didn’t have huge numbers because they didn’t play much during the second half, but they combined for three touchdowns. If they can manage to score three touchdowns between them every game, we will all be booking Orange Bowl tickets this winter.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C
The Hurricanes have two legitimate weapons in tight ends Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen. Darnell Jenkins scored his second touchdown as a ‘Cane, but there were a couple of disturbing drops from freshman Lance Leggett.

Offensive Line: B+
When you score three rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown with little pressure ever being applied to the quarterback, it’s hard to complain.

Defense: A
The Hurricanes have not allowed an offensive touchdown in two games this season. Wow.

Defensive Line: A
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Without injured starter Leon Williams, the linebackers did an admirable job of containing the nation’s leading rusher, Ryan Moats.

Secondary: A
The secondary picked up right where it left off after Florida State, not allowing Donald Allen to make any plays downfield. Antrel Rolle continues to establish himself as the best defensive player in the country.

Special Teams: A+
All I have to say is: Devin Hester for President!

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker did a good job rotating his players throughout the blowout. That was about the only coaching he needed to do in this romp.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...