REPORT CARD

Offense: B
The offense looked much better than it did against Florida State, as expected. If the Hurricanes can consistently run the football and get in the end zone a few times each game, their defense won’t let them lose.

Quarterbacks: C
Brock Berlin had a horrible interception on the Hurricanes’ first drive, but it is hard to complain about a 10-for-14, 122-yard performance in only one half of work. Derrick Crudup and Kyle Wright showed us why they are backups in the second half.

Running Backs: A
Tyrone Moss and Frank Gore didn’t have huge numbers because they didn’t play much during the second half, but they combined for three touchdowns. If they can manage to score three touchdowns between them every game, we will all be booking Orange Bowl tickets this winter.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C
The Hurricanes have two legitimate weapons in tight ends Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen. Darnell Jenkins scored his second touchdown as a ‘Cane, but there were a couple of disturbing drops from freshman Lance Leggett.

Offensive Line: B+
When you score three rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown with little pressure ever being applied to the quarterback, it’s hard to complain.

Defense: A
The Hurricanes have not allowed an offensive touchdown in two games this season. Wow.

Defensive Line: A
The blowout win gave the coaches an opportunity to rotate players like Alton Wright and Bryan Pata into the game. The d-line terrorized both Louisiana Tech quarterbacks throughout the game.

Linebackers: A-
Without injured starter Leon Williams, the linebackers did an admirable job of containing the nation’s leading rusher, Ryan Moats.

Secondary: A
The secondary picked up right where it left off after Florida State, not allowing Donald Allen to make any plays downfield. Antrel Rolle continues to establish himself as the best defensive player in the country.

Special Teams: A+
All I have to say is: Devin Hester for President!

Coaching: A
Head Coach Larry Coker did a good job rotating his players throughout the blowout. That was about the only coaching he needed to do in this romp.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...