FASHION Aura gives off the aura for designer fashion

Located on the perfectly manicured stretch of Miracle Mile, Aura is the epitome of a chic boutique. Simple in design, the floor-to-ceiling glass front flaunts four mannequins and a glass box jewelry case topped with intricately beaded flats.

Inside, jeans are folded neatly on understated white shelves and colored organized clothing hangs from simple metal racks, almost like the type you would see backstage at a runway show. Presented with pure elegance and simplicity, the pieces in Aura are definitely designer. The silk tops, soft cottons and blaringly obvious Juicy label give Aura the “aura” of high style, a feeling exuded by fellow shoppers and owner Ingrid herself. Accompanied by her Chinese Crested Powder-puff puppy who trots lightly around the store while shoppers leaf through clothing, Ingrid has owned Aura for two years.

In the process, Ingrid’s tastes flaunt an array of well-known labels for the store: Development, Rebecca Taylor, Queue, Jill Stuart, and Ella Moss; brands fit for Miami’s fashionistas line the walls. Of course there is the dominant presence of practically every kind of Citizens of Humanity jean available, something not common to small boutiques and a very pleasant surprise.

Price wise, Aura rises to the top of the scale, with some pieces-particularly a strapless tunic- boasting a $400 retail value. However, the Juicy and C & C tees lines are priced in the normal $60 to a little over $100 range.

Definitely a store to visit on a relaxing afternoon where strolling on the street is a must, Aura is a must-see. Combined with the sophisticated touch and a spectacular event, Aura holds endless options.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...