FASHION Aura gives off the aura for designer fashion

Located on the perfectly manicured stretch of Miracle Mile, Aura is the epitome of a chic boutique. Simple in design, the floor-to-ceiling glass front flaunts four mannequins and a glass box jewelry case topped with intricately beaded flats.

Inside, jeans are folded neatly on understated white shelves and colored organized clothing hangs from simple metal racks, almost like the type you would see backstage at a runway show. Presented with pure elegance and simplicity, the pieces in Aura are definitely designer. The silk tops, soft cottons and blaringly obvious Juicy label give Aura the “aura” of high style, a feeling exuded by fellow shoppers and owner Ingrid herself. Accompanied by her Chinese Crested Powder-puff puppy who trots lightly around the store while shoppers leaf through clothing, Ingrid has owned Aura for two years.

In the process, Ingrid’s tastes flaunt an array of well-known labels for the store: Development, Rebecca Taylor, Queue, Jill Stuart, and Ella Moss; brands fit for Miami’s fashionistas line the walls. Of course there is the dominant presence of practically every kind of Citizens of Humanity jean available, something not common to small boutiques and a very pleasant surprise.

Price wise, Aura rises to the top of the scale, with some pieces-particularly a strapless tunic- boasting a $400 retail value. However, the Juicy and C & C tees lines are priced in the normal $60 to a little over $100 range.

Definitely a store to visit on a relaxing afternoon where strolling on the street is a must, Aura is a must-see. Combined with the sophisticated touch and a spectacular event, Aura holds endless options.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...