FASHION Aura gives off the aura for designer fashion

Located on the perfectly manicured stretch of Miracle Mile, Aura is the epitome of a chic boutique. Simple in design, the floor-to-ceiling glass front flaunts four mannequins and a glass box jewelry case topped with intricately beaded flats.

Inside, jeans are folded neatly on understated white shelves and colored organized clothing hangs from simple metal racks, almost like the type you would see backstage at a runway show. Presented with pure elegance and simplicity, the pieces in Aura are definitely designer. The silk tops, soft cottons and blaringly obvious Juicy label give Aura the “aura” of high style, a feeling exuded by fellow shoppers and owner Ingrid herself. Accompanied by her Chinese Crested Powder-puff puppy who trots lightly around the store while shoppers leaf through clothing, Ingrid has owned Aura for two years.

In the process, Ingrid’s tastes flaunt an array of well-known labels for the store: Development, Rebecca Taylor, Queue, Jill Stuart, and Ella Moss; brands fit for Miami’s fashionistas line the walls. Of course there is the dominant presence of practically every kind of Citizens of Humanity jean available, something not common to small boutiques and a very pleasant surprise.

Price wise, Aura rises to the top of the scale, with some pieces-particularly a strapless tunic- boasting a $400 retail value. However, the Juicy and C & C tees lines are priced in the normal $60 to a little over $100 range.

Definitely a store to visit on a relaxing afternoon where strolling on the street is a must, Aura is a must-see. Combined with the sophisticated touch and a spectacular event, Aura holds endless options.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...