FASHION Aura gives off the aura for designer fashion

Located on the perfectly manicured stretch of Miracle Mile, Aura is the epitome of a chic boutique. Simple in design, the floor-to-ceiling glass front flaunts four mannequins and a glass box jewelry case topped with intricately beaded flats.

Inside, jeans are folded neatly on understated white shelves and colored organized clothing hangs from simple metal racks, almost like the type you would see backstage at a runway show. Presented with pure elegance and simplicity, the pieces in Aura are definitely designer. The silk tops, soft cottons and blaringly obvious Juicy label give Aura the “aura” of high style, a feeling exuded by fellow shoppers and owner Ingrid herself. Accompanied by her Chinese Crested Powder-puff puppy who trots lightly around the store while shoppers leaf through clothing, Ingrid has owned Aura for two years.

In the process, Ingrid’s tastes flaunt an array of well-known labels for the store: Development, Rebecca Taylor, Queue, Jill Stuart, and Ella Moss; brands fit for Miami’s fashionistas line the walls. Of course there is the dominant presence of practically every kind of Citizens of Humanity jean available, something not common to small boutiques and a very pleasant surprise.

Price wise, Aura rises to the top of the scale, with some pieces-particularly a strapless tunic- boasting a $400 retail value. However, the Juicy and C & C tees lines are priced in the normal $60 to a little over $100 range.

Definitely a store to visit on a relaxing afternoon where strolling on the street is a must, Aura is a must-see. Combined with the sophisticated touch and a spectacular event, Aura holds endless options.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...