POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some bicycle safety tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety.
Public Safety Records show that when bikes were stolen on campus:
90% were secured with cable or chain locks
10% were locked with a U-lock*
UM Public Safety would like to help you improve the security of your bike. You can trade in your cable or chain lock for a free U-lock. Public Safety is giving away U-locks while supplies last. Bring your ‘Cane Card and your cable or chain bike lock to Public Safety between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. You will receive a Cycle Finders bike registration, bike security tips and a free gift.
*Use of a U-lock does not guarantee your bike will not be stolen.
For further information, call Public Safety at 305-284-1105, or 8-6666 from a campus phone.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 8

5821 San Amaro Dr. Burglary

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 10

6100 San Amaro Dr. Theft

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11

5183 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Hit and Run
1306 Stanford Dr. Theft
1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1300 Memorial Dr. Burglary

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12

1200 Dickinson Dr. Hit and Run

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 15

5616 Merrick Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve police beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department. For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...