Dear V Permanent art and a not-so-permanent bed buddy cause regrets

Hi V,
How are you? I need some advice! I have a tattoo that I got two years ago, and now I’m kind of tired of it. What shall I do? Should I get rid of it? I think I will, but how would I go about removing it? Thanks for your help; I love your column. Ciao!
-Tattooed and Tired

Hi Tattooed,
I’m great. Thanks for asking! As for this tattoo nonsense-oy, kids these days! Congratulations, you have reached the “I want to get rid of my permanent artwork” dilemma. Do you see the flaming contradiction in the previous statement? The way I see it you have a few options: A) Keep the tattoo, learn to love it like you did on that very special, very intoxicated night that you got inked or at the very worst, ignore it. B) Sell your overworked college soul to get it removed by laser removal (ouch!), excision (a.k.a. cutting it out), sanding (hard core) or, mmm, tissue expansion (ew). C) Alter the design into something more pleasing, or D) Camouflage it with professional makeup products when you really regret getting it done. Whatever you do, do not buy any type of “home removal” product. They are generally acid based, dangerous, and ineffective. Leave it up to the pros, and next time think twice before you decide to put that flaming skull on your butt. Please.
Needle me ha.
–V.

I recently reconnected with a guy from way back. The sex is incredible, but we don’t do much more than have sex. I used to think that he was quite possibly more interested in just a physical relationship, but lately he’s been giving me the brush off. For instance, the last time that I asked him over to my place he skipped out on the offer to hang out with his roommate! Yet he still walked me out to the car. I don’t want to call and sound like a desperate girl, but more than the mind-blowing sex, I think that I might really like him. Help! I am so confused with these signals – or lack thereof! What the hell is going on? I’d love to be clued in.
-Hornycane

Horny,
We’ve made it full circle to the infamous late 90s question that has haunted so many: Is it possible for women to have sex like men? i.e. emotionally detached hookups. From the sound of your letter, there really has been little contact between you and this blast from the past, besides genital; obviously you’re attracted to him, but do you even know him enough to like him? Think about it, it’s more than possible that he acted interested in you in order to lure a part of you in to bed a couple of times-alcohol and darkness tend to have that effect on people. The next time you encounter one another, persuade him to pursue you during daylight hours. Perhaps you might be able to decipher those always ill-fated signals. In the meantime, you’re just going to have to sweat it out girlie and distract yourself a little bit. Vibrators anyone?
Cheers to not calling!
-V.

And as always…
Please direct all drama and crises to dearv@hotmail.com or to the Dear V box in The Hurricane’s office. All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...