Concerts like whoa, South Florida attracts some sweet tunes

Although our visiting friends Frances and Ivan scared many artists away from coming to South Florida on their perspective tour dates, the storm has cleared and the show must go on. Here are a list of tours I feel are definitely worth going to:

September:

23
Usher, with opening acts Kanye West & Christina Milian on the ‘Truth’ tour at the American Airlines Arena. If Usher’s album sales, sold-out tour dates and VMA performance are any indication, this is probably the hottest tour of the summer/fall season. With a two hour live set, Usher will prove why he is the self-proclaimed “Ultimate Entertainer.”

28
Incubus at the Office Depot Center in Sunrise, FL. I would give a reason to attend, but do I really need to?

October:

3
Angie Stone & Anthony Hamilton at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts CTR Morsani Hall in Tampa, FL. These two artists are worth the two-and-a-half hour drive because these they prove what sangin’ is all about.

9
Titled the ‘The Hip-Hop Explosion,’ Twista, Jadakiss & D.O.D. (Do Or Die) will perform at the University of Miami’s Convocation Center. The only real incentive to attend this tour is the fact that it takes place right on campus…but is that really an incentive?

18
Beastie Boys at the Office Depot Center in Sunrise, FL. The tour is designed to promote their latest album, To The 5 Boroughs, and impose their anti-Bush views upon the audience. Beware Bush supporters.

23
Seagram’s Gin Live Tour featuring Cee-lo, Tweet, Teedra Moses, and comedian Dante Carter held at Opium Garden. Aside from the comedian, this is probably one of the tours I’m most excited about attending. The tour will be the first time the “Most Underrated Artist of 2002” Tweet will perform material from her sophomore album It’s Me Again, expected to release early 2005. The fact that the tour is sponsored by an alcohol company and that it’s held at Opium means you have to be 21 and up… but then again, nobody here at UM is really younger than 21.

For more information on the tours listed and more, go to www.ticketmaster.com.

Marcus Washington can be contacted at m.washington2@umiami.edu.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...