REPORT CARD

Offense: D
For three-and-a-half quarters, there was no Hurricane offense. Just because Brock Berlin was able to right himself before it was too late and the receivers started to make plays at the end of regulation doesn’t mean that the unit gets a free pass for its many mistakes.

Quarterback: D +
To Berlin’s credit, this is not the first time he has led the Hurricanes from behind late in the game. However, his decision-making was shaky and he simply had a tough time completing passes for most of the game.

Running Backs: C+
Frank Gore turned it on at the end of the game, and it looks like he still has speed and shiftiness despite injuring both of his knees. Tyrone Moss was a non-factor, however, and the Hurricanes will need production from the sophomore in big games down the road.

Wide Receivers/
Tight Ends: C+
Sinorice Moss came out of nowhere to have a huge game, but Ryan Moore was nonexistent and Roscoe Parrish looks like a deer in headlights after every catch. Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen give the ‘Canes an awesome one-two punch at tight end.

Offensive Line: B
The o-line provided Berlin with plenty of protection at the end of the game, while Florida State’s defense kept tiring. You have to tip your cap to Eric Winston and the rest of the gang for holding it together at the end of the game.

Defense: A+
Wow. Somehow the Hurricanes lose Sean Taylor, Jon Vilma, D.J. Williams and Vince Wilfork, yet manage to play like the best unit ever assembled Friday night.

Defensive Line: A
The d-line made Chris Rix’s life miserable, as Baraka Atkins made many plays and Thomas Carroll recovered a pair of fumbles. Orien Harris was causing havoc despite facing double teams.

REPORT CARD CONTINUES, PAGE 15
Linebackers: B+
The LBs slid under the radar in this game because the big plays were made by the secondary, but Leon Williams, Roger McIntosh and Teraz McCray proved that they will be able to handle the pressure of replacing Vilma and Williams.

Secondary: A+
Antrel Rolle is simply not human, and I am going to put this out there right now: Rolle is the best player in college football, regardless of position. Greg Threat and Kelly Jennings stepped up in big situations too.
Special Teams: B
Brian Monroe is punting like a totally different person now. Jon Peattie missed two field goals, but Hurricane fans shouldn’t be too worried.

Coaching: C
Head Coach Larry Coker needs to tell Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner that this is not sandlot football. Direct snaps to wide receivers on third down should be used against Rutgers, not Florida State. Come on guys, we’re better than that.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...