POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

TUESDAY AUGUST 31

12:16 a.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Theft
1:17 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Assault

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1

11:39 a.m. 5665 Ponce De Leon Hit and Run
2:43 p.m. 1530 Liguria Ave. Burglary
2:48 p.m. 5183 Ponce De Leon Theft
7:00 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Theft

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3

6:15 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
8:35 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Theft

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5

6:34 p.m. 5200 University Dr. Burglary

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 7

3:39 p.m. 5615 Pavia St. Theft

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...