Miami Spice:Celebrating a Passion for Food

The smell of garlic wafts through the air, coconut rice sticks gingerly to the gleaming white china, and nearby a martini glass swirls with smooth red liquid and mint leaves. For many, flipping a bill of an upwards of $40 per plate isn’t always so affordable. To increase access to some of Miami’s elite eateries, the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau has organized a two-month long program called Miami Spice. Beginning on the first of August and ending September 30, 54 of Miami’s dining delicacies are offering three and four course meals for as low as $20.04 for lunch and $30.04 for dinner.

For food connoisseurs, lounge lovers, or those who just love good food, Miami Spice is advantageous. While most would think that the menu offered with the Miami Spice price would be sub-par to regular service, restaurants such as Azul, Chef Allen’s, and The Forge still serve dishes that make mouths water just reading the ingredients. Roasted organic chicken, duck foie gras mousse with crusty bread, grilled hog snapper with warm tomato salad and wasabi aioli: the list of tantalizing combinations is almost never-ending, and those are just the entrees.

SushiSamba Domo

Flaunting a fusion of Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian influences, SushiSamba Domo, located on Lincoln Road, is a dynamic dining experience. From the glowing orange fluorescents to the metro tables and almost ground level seating, SushiSamba leaves nothing out, sparing nothing on their menu for Miami Spice Month. For lunch, the first course is a choice between a field green salad or the “Lincoln Road” roll, a sushi roll filled with salmon, avocado, and tobiko – to name a few ingredients. After an entr

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...