Miami Spice:Celebrating a Passion for Food

The smell of garlic wafts through the air, coconut rice sticks gingerly to the gleaming white china, and nearby a martini glass swirls with smooth red liquid and mint leaves. For many, flipping a bill of an upwards of $40 per plate isn’t always so affordable. To increase access to some of Miami’s elite eateries, the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau has organized a two-month long program called Miami Spice. Beginning on the first of August and ending September 30, 54 of Miami’s dining delicacies are offering three and four course meals for as low as $20.04 for lunch and $30.04 for dinner.

For food connoisseurs, lounge lovers, or those who just love good food, Miami Spice is advantageous. While most would think that the menu offered with the Miami Spice price would be sub-par to regular service, restaurants such as Azul, Chef Allen’s, and The Forge still serve dishes that make mouths water just reading the ingredients. Roasted organic chicken, duck foie gras mousse with crusty bread, grilled hog snapper with warm tomato salad and wasabi aioli: the list of tantalizing combinations is almost never-ending, and those are just the entrees.

SushiSamba Domo

Flaunting a fusion of Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian influences, SushiSamba Domo, located on Lincoln Road, is a dynamic dining experience. From the glowing orange fluorescents to the metro tables and almost ground level seating, SushiSamba leaves nothing out, sparing nothing on their menu for Miami Spice Month. For lunch, the first course is a choice between a field green salad or the “Lincoln Road” roll, a sushi roll filled with salmon, avocado, and tobiko – to name a few ingredients. After an entr

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...