LX: the series

Painfully expensive cars line the street, bobbling outdoor umbrellas adorn the sidewalks, and side-by-side are some of South Miami’s most illustrious boutiques. Sunset Drive is home to over a dozen boutiques that cater to Miami’s high-brow clientele, including two boutiques with one major commonality: the same name. Studio LX and the new Project LX collectively cater to a wide demographic, with Studio LX supplying designer threads to ladies and Project LX serving up some hot duds for the men.

For the females, Studio LX is filled with designer labels, in both clothing and accessories. Separated by color, the hanging racks of clothing are stuffed with baby soft James Perse Tee’s, graphic Diane Von Furstenberg halters and eight or nine brands of designer denims. Priced a bit higher than the norm, the pieces are worth their price tags, as both the fabrics and their reputations are incomparable to pieces found in chains such as Gap, Banana Republic, and Forever 21.

A few stores over, Project LX is a futuristic space with a flair for style that would suit a wide range of men. Complete with curved walls and a flat screen TV, the simplistic layout allows the clothing to speak for itself. Divided by style, neatly folded denims line the wall while brightly colored, incredibly soft, button-ups hang by designer from a silver bar. Following the same price standard of its partner store, Project LX’s price tags scream numbers anywhere from $98 to $275, often for a single shirt. Rightly so, Project LX carries such renowned brands as Seven, Ben Sherman, James Perse, Diesel, French Connection, and even Dolce & Gabana. If clothing isn’t your thing, Project LX also caries a wide variety of stylish kicks and bags by brands like Puma, Nike, and Pony.

Despite the lack of completely accessible parking, both Studio LX and Project LX are worth the visit, providing a shopping outlet unlike any other in the immediate area. Any purchase in either store is likely to supply you with endless comments whether you strut your stuff running errands, in the Grove, or shakin’ it at one of SoBe’s popular clubs.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...