Ask V Headline

About a month ago I met this really great guy. We’ve been inseparable ever since. I mean, we cook together, study together, go out together and sleep together – that is stage one drowsiness to stage five R.E.M. sleep! He just got out of a very long-term relationship and even refers to me as his “emotional girlfriend,” but at the same time he sleeps naked with me and is very touchy feely. Nothing physical has happened between the two of us, yet I know for a fact that his ex still exists on the side. I don’t want to ruin our friendship, but I can’t take these mixed signals! Help!
–Ugh.

Ugh,
I don’t think that you and the un-buckin’ bronco are co-existing in a mutual friendship. Bottom line – the boy is using you, and even worse, toying with you. His teasing has gotten to the point where it’s just plain mean. And if his ex is still sittin’ pretty on the side? – well harrumph! Bottom line, either clean up the friendship to a non-naked event or dump it. There are plenty of boys who will not only sleep naked with you, but get frisky too. Meow!
–V

Since moving to Miami, I have made many, many gay male friends whom I love very dearly. We spend a lot of time together, but I am by no means a “fag hag.” The other night one of my gay friends spent the night at my place. I figured that he would crash on the couch, but later that night he came into my room and crawled into bed with me. I was awakened by his roving hands on my body and his lips trying to kiss mine! I was so shocked that I turned over and pretended to sleep, but he still continued to caress me. The next morning I pretended that nothing had happened, but should I continue to let our incident lie low or should I bring it up with him?
–What’s up with boys these days?

What’s up,
Unless your very curious friend happens to lay his hands upon you again (and the chances are he’s very embarrassed about what he did), I would definitely just let it lay low. Save him, yourself, and your friendship the blatant awkwardness of the incident and move on. However, if there is even the slightest bit of sexual tension between the two of you, speak up for heaven’s sake! You deserve to know what’s up, and hopefully he’ll feel comfortable enough around you to tell you his deal.
–V

See you next week, my troubled ones

Please direct all pressing questions and comments to dearv@hotmail.com or to the Dear V box in The Hurricane’s office. All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...