A letter from…

Dear UM Students:

On Monday, September 6, the Miami Hurricanes will play one of their biggest games of the year against Florida State University in the first nationally televised “Monday Night” college football game on ABC. Kickoff at the Orange Bowl is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. Over 80,000 fans are expected.

We want to encourage all students to come to the Orange Bowl. Hopefully, the entire student section will be packed to watch the Hurricanes beat archrival.

If you are planning to enjoy the game, please keep in mind the following tips:

1. Arrive Early!! Student gates will open at 5:30 p.m. and parking lots will be available at 4:00 p.m. Metrorail passes are available at the University Metrorail Station beginning at 5:00 p.m.

2. Bring your ‘Cane Card. Your ‘Cane Card serves as your ticket to the game. All UM students with a valid ‘Cane Card as specified in the policy below will be admitted. This policy will be strictly enforced.

* Undergraduate students must be enrolled for classes for the 2004 fall semester ad have paid the Athletic Fee to attend the game.

* Graduate, Law and Medical students must be enrolled for classes for the 2004 fall semester and have selected to pay the optional Athletic Fee to attend the game. Graduate, Law and Medical students who elected not to pay the Athletic Fee will not be admitted to the game- no exceptions!

* Please check EASY (www.miami.edu/easy) if you are not sure whether you have paid the Athletic Fee.

3. Student Entrance and Seating. The Southeast Plaza Entrance is the Student Entrance to the Orange Bowl. In order to make you entrance into the stadium as smooth as possible the entire Southeast Plaza will be used as a STUDENT ONLY entrance which means 10 turnstiles and ‘Cane Card readers will be utilized. All students with a valid ‘Cane Card will receive a wristband at the student gate, which will allow you a seat in the student section. Individuals without a wristband will not be permitted to sit in the student section. You will not be allowed to save seats for those arriving late.

4. Party smart. Students and fans will be denied admission into the stadium if they are intoxicated.

5. Show respect – for both teams, other fans, and, ultimately, yourself. Emotions will be at fever itch all evening. We hope UM fans continue the tradition of the Orange Bowl as a great site for college football.

On Monday, September 6 we will be the envy of college football fans around the country. Come out and support your Hurricanes, enjoy the game and GO CANES!!!

Sincerely,

Vance Aloupis, President

Student Government

Want a chance to win tickets to

twista and jadakiss

at the convocation

center on friday septemer 3rd?

email ltaber@miami.edu with the answer to this question:

How many times has Willie Williams has been

arrested?

be sure to include your name and phone number