The Rat is the place to be

Nestled alongside the path on the west side of Lake Osceola is the Rathskeller, UM’s on-campus restaurant, bar, concert hall, and general afternoon hangout. A popular meeting place for students, the Rat serves good sandwiches, subs, and milkshakes. Most commonly known for its excellent array of music that can be heard from a fair distance, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. Downstairs it functions as a restaurant, while upstairs it resembles a sports bar with pool tables, dartboards, overstuffed leather couches and a 15-foot TV screen. Whether students are there to enjoy some lunch or one of the many activities sponsored by the Rathskeller Advisory Board, who organize events such as Freaky Friday, the Rat is truly a campus hotbed. I

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...