The Rat is the place to be

Nestled alongside the path on the west side of Lake Osceola is the Rathskeller, UM’s on-campus restaurant, bar, concert hall, and general afternoon hangout. A popular meeting place for students, the Rat serves good sandwiches, subs, and milkshakes. Most commonly known for its excellent array of music that can be heard from a fair distance, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. Downstairs it functions as a restaurant, while upstairs it resembles a sports bar with pool tables, dartboards, overstuffed leather couches and a 15-foot TV screen. Whether students are there to enjoy some lunch or one of the many activities sponsored by the Rathskeller Advisory Board, who organize events such as Freaky Friday, the Rat is truly a campus hotbed. I

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...