The Rat is the place to be

Nestled alongside the path on the west side of Lake Osceola is the Rathskeller, UM’s on-campus restaurant, bar, concert hall, and general afternoon hangout. A popular meeting place for students, the Rat serves good sandwiches, subs, and milkshakes. Most commonly known for its excellent array of music that can be heard from a fair distance, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. Downstairs it functions as a restaurant, while upstairs it resembles a sports bar with pool tables, dartboards, overstuffed leather couches and a 15-foot TV screen. Whether students are there to enjoy some lunch or one of the many activities sponsored by the Rathskeller Advisory Board, who organize events such as Freaky Friday, the Rat is truly a campus hotbed. I

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...