The Cosford Cinema entertains ALL

Aside from the beautiful flora and fauna, the gorgeous lake at the center of campus, and the unique architecture of some of the University of Miami’s academic buildings, UM is one of the few college campuses with its very own movie theater. Located on the second floor of the Dooley Memorial Building, the Bill Cosford Cinema is run by students in the School of Communication, providing entertainment for all age groups. Specifically in place to serve the students, the Cosford Cinema devotes Wednesdays of every month to showing box office hits at 8 and 10 p.m. Although the shows premiere at the Cosford a few weeks after their box office debut, students get the thrill of watching films produced by Jerry Bruckhiemer and directed by Kevin Smith for free, by simply showing student I.D.

In addition to screening films such as The Last Samurai, Finding Nemo, The School of Rock, and Pirates of the Caribbean, the Cosford regularly shows an array of independent and foreign films, films that have won awards at festivals such as Sundance in Utah and Cannes in France.

Decorated as extravagantly as an old world movie theater with red velvet curtains, sconce lighting and slightly reclining padded theater seats, the Bill Cosford Cinema is a unique element on the UM campus. Not only does it deliver endless entertainment to students and members of the surrounding community, it is a University staple, sure to outlast the concerts and plays that come and go. I

Tickets are $4 for UM employees with ID and $6 for the general public. Free for students. For movie times, call 305-284-4861.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...