Student involvement ensures college experience

An anonymous quote states, “You cannot inherit experience.” This statement couldn’t be any truer, specifically when applied to college. Described as some of the best years of your life, preparation for your future, and a time for growth and development, college is a time to live life to its fullest and experience everything a college has to offer. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by getting involved on campus, and with over 200 student organizations, the University of Miami offers plenty of opportunities to get involved. Ranging from Student Government to cultural organizations to clubs that take trips to the Keys and the Everglades, the University organizations cater to every person’s need.

Getting involved on campus is one of the most important elements of the college experience. Outside of the classroom, student organizations provide an environment that allow a student to meet people, develop skills, capitalize on already harbored interests, and learn things about themselves and others.

Whether students get involved in the Greek system, join an organization that capitalizes on specific talents or become student leaders, getting involved on campus maximizes the college experience, adding to the knowledge that goes on inside the classroom. Aside from warnings about cafeteria food, getting involved is the most important message sent to students, because getting involved is really the only way to make college a memorable experience. I

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...