Student involvement ensures college experience

An anonymous quote states, “You cannot inherit experience.” This statement couldn’t be any truer, specifically when applied to college. Described as some of the best years of your life, preparation for your future, and a time for growth and development, college is a time to live life to its fullest and experience everything a college has to offer. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by getting involved on campus, and with over 200 student organizations, the University of Miami offers plenty of opportunities to get involved. Ranging from Student Government to cultural organizations to clubs that take trips to the Keys and the Everglades, the University organizations cater to every person’s need.

Getting involved on campus is one of the most important elements of the college experience. Outside of the classroom, student organizations provide an environment that allow a student to meet people, develop skills, capitalize on already harbored interests, and learn things about themselves and others.

Whether students get involved in the Greek system, join an organization that capitalizes on specific talents or become student leaders, getting involved on campus maximizes the college experience, adding to the knowledge that goes on inside the classroom. Aside from warnings about cafeteria food, getting involved is the most important message sent to students, because getting involved is really the only way to make college a memorable experience. I

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...