Start your EDUcation before you even get here

The University of Miami is introducing AlcoholEdu for College, a Web-based alcohol prevention program being used at more than 350 colleges and universities around the country. The program uses the latest prevention techniques and science-based research to educate students about the impact of alcohol on the mind and body. Whether or not you drink alcohol, AlcoholEdu for College will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better understand the drinking decisions and behaviors of your peers.

Every incoming first-year student will be required to take AlcoholEdu for College and pass the course’s Final Exam before arriving on campus. Because it is available online, you need only a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities to take the course. The course is offered with Flash technology, so it compresses media files to decrease download time.

The AlcoholEdu Support Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Simply click on the “Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu screen to access Customer Support Representatives through a toll-free phone number, live chat or trouble tickets. You do not even have to be logged in to access this help.

Be on the lookout for a letter during the first part of August with log in information and timeline requirements. I

>> If you have additional questions about AlcoholEdu or the University of Miami’s Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Education programs, please contact Pier 21 at (305) 284-6120, or pier21@miami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...