Start your EDUcation before you even get here

The University of Miami is introducing AlcoholEdu for College, a Web-based alcohol prevention program being used at more than 350 colleges and universities around the country. The program uses the latest prevention techniques and science-based research to educate students about the impact of alcohol on the mind and body. Whether or not you drink alcohol, AlcoholEdu for College will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better understand the drinking decisions and behaviors of your peers.

Every incoming first-year student will be required to take AlcoholEdu for College and pass the course’s Final Exam before arriving on campus. Because it is available online, you need only a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities to take the course. The course is offered with Flash technology, so it compresses media files to decrease download time.

The AlcoholEdu Support Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Simply click on the “Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu screen to access Customer Support Representatives through a toll-free phone number, live chat or trouble tickets. You do not even have to be logged in to access this help.

Be on the lookout for a letter during the first part of August with log in information and timeline requirements. I

>> If you have additional questions about AlcoholEdu or the University of Miami’s Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Education programs, please contact Pier 21 at (305) 284-6120, or pier21@miami.edu.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...