Retail Guide: Shopping surrounds UM

The Village of Merrick Park
IJust a few blocks away from UM, Merrick Park is an upscale shopping retreat full of boutiques and high-end retail stores. Anchored by department stores Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, the Village of Merrick Park is designed as both a private and commercial complex. A retail addicts’ dream, the Village of Merrick Park contains 115 shops and restaurants combined with several luxurious apartments lofted at bird’s eye view over the courtyard of the shopping below. Architecturally appealing and well designed – look closely and you’ll find that the mall is shaped like UM’s green and orange U – the Village of Merrick Park is an excellent place to shop for items that are just beyond the price range of an average mall.
358 Avenue San Lorenzo
www.villageofmerrickpark.com

Sunset Place
IDirectly off of US-1 Sunset Place is the closest to campus and the shopping center that caters to almost every need. An outdoor shopping center with a Mediterranean motif, Sunset Place offers an array of shopping choices, from the Gap to Urban Outfitters, with choices accommodating every desire. But Sunset Place is more than just a shopping refuge; it provides entertainment as well with Gameworks, Virgin Megastore, and an AMC-24 movie theater. 5201 Sunset Dr.
Dadeland Mall
IApproximately 15 minutes from campus. Dadeland Mall is a renowned Miami shopping center, providing some of the best stores in a condensed area. The list includes Zara, Coach, Vertigo, Sephora, Abercrombie & Fitch, The Sharper Image, and a plethora of other recognized labels. Corner of US 1 and Kendall Dr.
www.shopsimon.com

The Falls
ICommuning with nature, The Falls shopping center is a long stretch of outdoor stores in South Miami. Complete with a rock waterfalls and a fluid stream running throughout, The Falls is comprised of dozens of stores and several restaurants. Nestled between the palms and the bubbling sound of the rushing water, shopping at The Falls is like shopping at a tropical paradise, a retreat from the continuous buzz of shoppers that can be heard in an indoor mall.
8888 SW 136th St

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...