HIT the CLUBS: Coconut Grove’s HotSpots are extraordinarily popular among students

Tavern
IFrom the outside this dingy bar in Coconut Grove doesn’t seem to be much of anything but starting Thursday nights and continuing into the weekend, Tavern is one of UM’s students most popular hotspots. Maybe it’s the mix tape the plays over the speakers or the swarm of students the fill the narrow dim-lit bar; no one really knows. Either way, Tavern is UM’s “college bar.”
3416 Main Highway // Coconut Grove // 305-447-3884

Sand Bar and Grill
Entering Coconut Grove at night would not be the same without the lights and line outside of Sand Bar. UM’s other “college bar” Sand Bar is entertaining any night of the week, providing good eats, good drinks, and plenty of good music. Sand Bar is definitely a place to visit.
3426 Main Hwy // Coconut Grove // 305-444-5270

Mr. Moe’s
A late night hotspot, Moe’s comes to life around 2 a.m. when throngs of students and night owls flock to Moe’s for some good moose juice and a grand time.
3131 Commodore Plaza. // Coconut Grove // 305-442-1114

Margarita Momma’s and Banana Joe’s
Located in CocoWalk, Margarita Momma’s and Banana Joes is a split-level club, with Momma’s on the top and Joe’s on the bottom. Full of Latin beats and couples who dance salsa and merengue, Margarita Momma’s is no comparison to the hip-hop and rap that blasts from the speakers below at Banana Joe’s. Not quite as popular as some of the other hangouts in the Grove, Margarita Momma’s and Banana Joe’s are still a great time when the timing is just right.
3rd and 4th levels of CocoWalk
3015 Grand Avenue // Coconut Grove // 305-461-1118

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...