Calling all Engineering students!

The Engineering Advisory Board [EAB] could be called UM’s student government specifically for engineers. Serving as the umbrella organization for all student organizations within the College of Engineering, each class from freshman to graduate as well as each engineering organization is represented by a delegate to the Engineering Advisory Board.

EAB is the student group that works to bring exciting programs and events to engineers and that works with COSO, SAFAC and other UM organizations to represent Engineering student interests. EAB sponsors and conducts events including beginning and end of year picnics, student study breaks during final exam week, and Homecoming events. Other University-wide events and community service projects are sponsored by EAB, including participation in the national celebration of Engineers Week.

EAB sponsors and conducts events including beginning and end of the year picnics, student study breaks during finals, and Homecoming events.

EAB’s impact is far-reaching for all engineering students. The board serves the College of Engineering as both a link between administration and students, as well as a means of communication and collaboration among all the other engineering organizations. Students can address their concerns to the dean’s office through EAB sponsored events such as the Dean’s Roundtable. It’s also the mission of EAB to support and promote engineering organizations in any capacity.

EAB also serves the Coral Gables community in many ways. Throughout the year, EAB participates and coordinates events such as Habitat for Humanity, Holiday Angels, and Make a Difference Day.

Each club as well as class has a delegate to the board, and all engineering students are automatically members. Students are encouraged to get involved with EAB to have their voices and interests heard. I

>> For more information, contact EAB Chair Chris Gratz at cgratz@umsis.miami.edu or email umeab.studorg@miami.edu.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...