ARC: A key to academic success

The Academic Resource Center [ARC] at UM is the place where students come to enhance their academic success. Successful students can be identified as students who utilize every available resource to acquire knowledge, develop understanding, and get the best possible grade. Success is not defined by perfection; it is defined as the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.

The ARC is the resource to help students manage their success. It offers programs to enhance textbook reading skills, demonstrate organizational management tools, and provide insight into establishing effective lasting relationships with professors and instructors, as well how to begin to prepare for life beyond the baccalaureate by taking control and being responsible for today.

Programs to enhance textbook reading skills, demonstrate organizational management tools, and provide insight into establishing effective lasting relationships with professors.

Peer tutoring is available at no cost to students. All UM students can take advantage of peer tutoring to develop deeper understanding through additional, special, or corrective instruction in almost any subject for two hours per week.

This year, students can also take part in unlimited asynchronous on-line tutoring, a new service at the ARC. Small group supplemental instruction is also available for some of the most difficult science courses.

The UM Experience program offers courses through the ARC with the needs of entering students in mind. This course brings the university to life for the student by illuminating pathways for navigating their tenure at UM and by sharing the traditions of the university. In addition, discipline-specific information is imparted to the students by prominent faculty and administrators.

For students with documented disabilities, within the ARC resides Disability Services. Accommodations are assigned on a case-by-case determination and are subject to documentation review.

The ARC welcomes all students to visit the center and take advantage of the services offered there. Its sole purpose is to assist students in achieving success. I

>> For more information about what the ARC can offer, visit www.miami.edu/adc or call 305-284-4790 or 304-284-2800.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

UM President Julio Frenk will host a town hall meeting Monday with students, faculty, staff, and gue ...

A building at Miami Law is named in honor of Robert Dooley, who donated $1.1 million to support the ...

The use of video game technology helps physicians more accurately diagnose patients suffering from P ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...