ARC: A key to academic success

The Academic Resource Center [ARC] at UM is the place where students come to enhance their academic success. Successful students can be identified as students who utilize every available resource to acquire knowledge, develop understanding, and get the best possible grade. Success is not defined by perfection; it is defined as the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.

The ARC is the resource to help students manage their success. It offers programs to enhance textbook reading skills, demonstrate organizational management tools, and provide insight into establishing effective lasting relationships with professors and instructors, as well how to begin to prepare for life beyond the baccalaureate by taking control and being responsible for today.

Programs to enhance textbook reading skills, demonstrate organizational management tools, and provide insight into establishing effective lasting relationships with professors.

Peer tutoring is available at no cost to students. All UM students can take advantage of peer tutoring to develop deeper understanding through additional, special, or corrective instruction in almost any subject for two hours per week.

This year, students can also take part in unlimited asynchronous on-line tutoring, a new service at the ARC. Small group supplemental instruction is also available for some of the most difficult science courses.

The UM Experience program offers courses through the ARC with the needs of entering students in mind. This course brings the university to life for the student by illuminating pathways for navigating their tenure at UM and by sharing the traditions of the university. In addition, discipline-specific information is imparted to the students by prominent faculty and administrators.

For students with documented disabilities, within the ARC resides Disability Services. Accommodations are assigned on a case-by-case determination and are subject to documentation review.

The ARC welcomes all students to visit the center and take advantage of the services offered there. Its sole purpose is to assist students in achieving success. I

>> For more information about what the ARC can offer, visit www.miami.edu/adc or call 305-284-4790 or 304-284-2800.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

While the University of Miami awaits what quarterback it will get Feb. 6 on National Signing Day, ne ...

It appears the University of Miami football program has found its answer to intelligent, energetic, ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up play on its first weekend of competition Sunday ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play at the Miami Spring Invite Sunday, wi ...

Chris Lykes scored 25 points as Miami got past Wake Forest. ...