Why liberals are going to cost us the war on terror

In 1992, James Carville and George Stephanopoulos came up with a haiku to simplify the essence of Bill Clinton’s campaign. It went like this: “Change versus more of the same; it’s the economy stupid; remember health care.” Very simple, very eloquent and very effective. Fast-forward 12 years to John Kerry. Not so simple, not so eloquent, but effective in a limited, partisan sort of way. I think Kerry deserves his own haiku: “Bush sucks; I’m not Bush; Vote for me!” Like the liberal inability to see the big picture, the lack of eloquence in Kerry’s haiku is paralleled only by his complete lack of substance. While this is good enough for the Democratic Party, will it be good enough for most other people? Having a familiarity with individuals more historic than Howard Dean and Ralph Nader might help one to answer that question.

The reason why liberals are going to cost us the war on terror is that, first, they’re incapable of understanding that we’re even in a war; they still think this is a law enforcement matter. Second, they don’t seem to grasp that this hatred for us started long before Jan. 20, 2001, and that our enemies aren’t people who ever had any interest in dialogue. They just want us all dead, because our way of life conflicts with theirs and that is unacceptable to them. There is no talking and no discussion. There’s just killing all of us, even those liberals who think George W. Bush is solely responsible for 9/11. Finally, like Kerry, liberals believe the world actually works the way they think it does. It’s not entirely their fault. Day after day they inundate themselves with the most ridiculously na

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...