SECOND LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the editor:

I am disappointed by Deborah Acosta’s article on the student production of West Side Story (The Hurricane, April 20). The purpose and place of The Hurricane should not be to trash talk student productions. The language she used in her assault on the actors’ skills was unnecessary. She was rude. Mean. Vulgar. I hope that in the future she will take a more professional approach to her job as a “journalist.” Her comparison between the dancing in West Side Story and the “drunken staggering” at “a certain keg party” was completely uncalled for. There are ways to say that the dancing is unsynchronized without being so vicious. It is also regrettable that the good aspects of the musical were not mentioned until the very end – which was printed on a separate page, and therefore less likely to be seen.

I urge the writers and editors to show better taste in the articles they publish.

Sincerely,

Liz Johnson

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...