CD REVIEW Fat Head

Fat Hed’s, Night Train to Babble On is a poor attempt at making a successful CD. Fat Hed is an MC trying to break through into the rap dominion. However, if he keeps recording this awful music then he most definitely won’t make a dent into an industry beaming with talent. I don’t know where to begin. The music is described as a “cosmic thrill ride” though it doesn’t take me anywhere out of this world.

The beats of the songs are definitely assorted ranging from electronica to freestyle and are atypical for the rap genre. I commend him for daring to experiment with different styles, but unfortunately they don’t work out the way he most likely anticipated they would. Sad to say, the problem isn’t so much the rhythmic backgrounds but Fat Hed’s voice. It’s unquestionably annoying and the main cause for the CD’s downfall. “Cosmic Beam’s” intro seemed promising until Fat Hed’s irksome vocals took over. “People Skit” was the most endurable track to listen to on the entire album – it was also just instrumentals. Overall, this CD lacks in quality, talented vocals, and genuine Hip-hop bumpin’.

Christie Asencio can be contacted at c.asencio@umiami.edu

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...