CD REVIEW Fat Head

Fat Hed’s, Night Train to Babble On is a poor attempt at making a successful CD. Fat Hed is an MC trying to break through into the rap dominion. However, if he keeps recording this awful music then he most definitely won’t make a dent into an industry beaming with talent. I don’t know where to begin. The music is described as a “cosmic thrill ride” though it doesn’t take me anywhere out of this world.

The beats of the songs are definitely assorted ranging from electronica to freestyle and are atypical for the rap genre. I commend him for daring to experiment with different styles, but unfortunately they don’t work out the way he most likely anticipated they would. Sad to say, the problem isn’t so much the rhythmic backgrounds but Fat Hed’s voice. It’s unquestionably annoying and the main cause for the CD’s downfall. “Cosmic Beam’s” intro seemed promising until Fat Hed’s irksome vocals took over. “People Skit” was the most endurable track to listen to on the entire album – it was also just instrumentals. Overall, this CD lacks in quality, talented vocals, and genuine Hip-hop bumpin’.

Christie Asencio can be contacted at c.asencio@umiami.edu

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...