Briefs Women’s Track and Field

The University of Miami women’s track and field team won six of 14 events at the FIU Collegiate Invite held on the campus of Florida International University.

Senior Adrienne Moss recorded the day’s top performance winning the shot put with an NCAA Regional qualifying mark of 15.04 meters (49-04.25). Moss also finished second in the discus with a toss of 41.37 meters (135-09.00).

In the Hammer throw, senior Megan Cobb captured first-place with a mark of 48.71 meters (159-10). Junior Amber Williams finished first in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.43 seconds, while sophomore Melanie Schultz won the 1,500-meters with a time of 4:40.57.

Other Hurricane victories included freshman Tabia Charles in the 100-meter dash (12.71) and the 4×100-meter relay (48.84).

The Hurricanes return to action April 22-24 at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia, Pa.

Men’s Track and Field

The University of Miami men’s track and field team won three events and recorded five Big East qualifying marks at the FIU Collegiate Invite held on the campus of Florida International University.

Senior Aaron Dolores won the long jump with a Big East qualifying mark of 7.03 meters (23-00.75). The jump is a career best for Dolores and the top jump by a Hurricane this season.

Senior Jon Mark won the pole vault for the second time this season with a Big East qualifying mark of 4.65 meters (15-03.00). Junior Chris Centrich also qualified for the Big East Championships, May 1-2, in Piscataway, N.J., finishing third with a vault of 4.65 meters (15-03.00). Despite having the same mark as Mark, Centrich finished third due to number of misses.

Freshmen Thomas Berry and Zach Castiglione finished one-two in the 1500-meters with Berry winning in a time of 4:09.45. Castiglione recorded a time of 4:10.89.

Freshman Roland DaSilva was the top collegiate finisher in the 400-meter hurdles recording a Big East qualifying time of 54.32 seconds, while senior Kenny Frank finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a Big East qualifying time 15.12 seconds.

On the season the Hurricanes have recorded 18 Big East qualifying marks in nine separate events. Miami returns to action April 23-24 at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia, Pa.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...