BOOK REVIEW 800 pages of PURE SEX

Counting up to about 800 pages, the Guide to Getting it On is the size of some textbooks, however, this textbook is one any person would definitely want to read. Filled to the brim with chapters upon chapters of information about sex, there is no doubt that the book leaves anything uncovered. Not mentioning the occasional hand-drawn and rather explicit pictures that are included, the book is a work of art.

Interestingly, this work of art is a fourth edition, with eight new chapters, 51 new drawings and almost 3,500 updates and text changes. Translated into almost every language, the book speaks to people across the world, reinforcing the idea that sexuality is a universal language. Related to that, the book covers all sorts of topics, leaving no person left behind, transitory of gender or sexual orientation.

The chapters are listed under the “Bed of Contents” which is just a hint for readers at what they are in for. Under the title, some chapters listed are “30,000 Thrilling Vibrations,” “The How-To Part,” “Culture and Kink,” “Gnarly Sex Germs,” “Sex & Sects,” and finally “A Goofy Goodbye.” Behind the table of contents is a “Warning & Disclaimer” that proudly proclaims that although the book is 800 pages of pure sex, it isn’t perfect nor should it have the final say on what goes on inside or outside of the bedroom. A rarity for a sex guide to be written from such a soft standpoint, the writer doesn’t fail to mention the importance of using protection or warning about all the nasty germs that can be contracted from sex; not everything mentioned in the book is meant for everyone.

As acknowledged in the book, sex is merely a reflection of the fashion for that time being, but for now, the Guide to Getting It On is by far the best manual for anything sex-related. A winner of three awards and recipient of several rave reviews by magazines, press, and journals, the Guide to Getting It On is completely worth the money spent. Any reader would be amazed at the things seen and learned within the pages of this text.

The Guide to Getting It On is $19.95 and can be found in most bookstores.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...