POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week:
The following are tips to help prevent auto theft: park in a secured, well-lighted area; close all windows, lock all doors and take the keys with you; never hide a second set of keys anywhere in your car; never leave your car’s engine running, not even in your driveway; and always park your vehicle with the wheels turned towards the curb, even when parking in driveways and parking lots, making your vehicle difficult to tow.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 7
1:29 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Theft
9:22 a.m. 1245 Walsh Ave. Theft

THURSDAY APRIL 8
11:56 a.m. 5801 Red Rd.
Theft
10:00 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr.
Harassing Phone Calls

FRIDAY APRIL 9
6:41 a.m. 1245 Walsh Ave.
Vandalism
11:03 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr.
Harassment

12:24 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr.
Vandalism to Vehicle
3:59 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr.
Theft
4:20 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr.
Theft/Vehicle

SATURDAY APRIL 10
4:30 a.m. 1500 Albenga Ave.
Theft

SUNDAY APRIL 11
12:55 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr.
Vandalism/Vehicle
2:38 p.m. 1251 Memorial Dr.
Theft
MONDAY APRIL 12
1:45 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr.
Harassment

TUESDAY APRIL 13

10:27 a.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft
11:50 a.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Theft
2:40 p.m. 1251 Memorial Dr. Theft

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 305-284-6666.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...