CD REVIEW Aerosmith & Alice Cooper: sex, drugs and revitalization

A friend of mine once told me a great quote, “I believe it was Prince who said, ‘Act your age not your shoe size.'” Those in the business of rock have never seemed to live by that rule and it makes sense, especially if you are successful and even if just for a little while, you want the ride to last as long as possible. In such a paradigm how can you continue making music with a fresh sound, especially when you might know of a sound that is guaranteed to sell well. Both ’70s rock icons Alice Cooper and Aerosmith came across this problem at the same point in their careers, about 25 years ago when the ’80s were just around the corner. Over the next few years they would battle their demons of drugs and alcohol, leaving behind their creative and popular peak the decade before. Still, they never stopped making music- while one took the road of innovation and received little notice the other went back to the top and made some of the most clich

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...