A Week 4 Life educates about HIV/AIDS

Every minute, about 10 people contract the HIV virus worldwide, according to the American Foundation for AIDS Research. Student organizations, fueled by this alarming statistic and other facts, launched A Week 4 Life [AW4L] 11 years ago to educate students about HIV/AIDS prevention and the impact that it has had domestically and worldwide.

“Our aim is to remove the stigma from HIV,” said Thomas Spann, program director of the Red Cross prevention in Miami-Dade and the Keys. “Once we start talking about it, people can get help.”

The week kicked off with Pandemic Movies in the residential colleges highlighting the effect of AIDS in Thailand, Brazil and Uganda.

An informational AIDS forum was held Tuesday night to inform students about statistics and research and to prompt student discussion about their concerns.

Panelists included Dr. Karen Wyche, associate professor of the psychology department, sophomore T

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...