Briefs TENNIS, TRACK & FIELD

Women’s Tennis

University of Miami women’s tennis junior Megan Bradley moved up to No. 2 in the nation in the latest ITA singles rankings released Tuesday afternoon.

Bradley is 15-1 in dual matches and 26-4 overall this year in singles play.

She started the 2004 season ranked No. 11 in the nation and has continued to move up throughout the season.

She finished her sophomore season at Miami ranked No. 55 in the final ITA national rankings after compiling an overall record of 17-9 in singles play, primarily playing at the No. 1 spot for the Hurricanes. She faced some of the nation’s top talent in 2002-03 with five of her nine losses coming at the hands of ranked opponents

Bradley earned All-American honors as a freshman at UCLA. She competed at the No. 1 singles position, while compiling an impressive overall record of 30-9. She was named an All-American in both singles and doubles competition while earning ITA’s Rookie of the Year honors. She ended the 2002 season as the Bruins’ highest ranked singles player at No. 5 in the nation.

The No. 22 Hurricanes are 13-3 overall and return to action Saturday hosting No. 75 Old Dominion at Noon.

Women’s Track and Field

The University of Miami women’s outdoor track and field team is ranked eighth in the season opening Trackwire 25 rankings released Tuesday.

So far this season, the Hurricanes have had six individuals and two relays qualify for the NCAA Regional Championships to be held May 28-29 in Gainesville, Fla.

Freshman Tabia Charles who broke her own Canadian junior national record this week in the triple jump is ranked second in the nation. She is also ranked sixth nationally in the long jump.

Freshmen Brenda Faluade and Amy Seward are also regional qualifiers in both jumps. Faluade is ranked ninth in the long jump and 13th in the triple jump. Seward is ranked 23rd in the long jump and 27th in the triple jump.

Senior All-America Kitoya Carter, the defending East Regional Champion in the triple jump, has qualified for this season’s regional championship in the triple jump with a mark of 13.28 meters. Carter’s qualifying mark ranks sixth in the nation.

Sophomore All-American Dominique Darden holds the sixth best time in the 400-meter hurdles and senior Adrienne Moss is ranked 46th in the shot put (14.67m).

Miami’s 4×100-meter relay of junior Chinela Davis, junior Wiande Moore, Darden, and junior All-American Lauryn Williams is ranked third in the nation with a time of 44.17. The 4×400-meter relay of Carter, Darden, sophomore All-American Charlette Greggs, and freshman Ginou Etienne holds the seventh best time in the nation.

The Hurricanes will host the Miami Gatorade Track and Field Classic at Cobb Stadium in Coral Gables, Fla., this Saturday, April 10.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...