NEWS BRIEFS

UM NEWS

FEC plays April Fool’s joke on its members

On March 31, all members of the Federation of Cuban Students [FEC], known as FECkers, received an email from the FEC executive board explaining that, at the Senate meeting that day, FEC was kicked out of their office and had until Friday at noon to empty out their belongings. The email encouraged FECkers to stay unified and said FEC would continue with or without an office, being that they consider themselves a “strong entity.” It turns out the leadership at FEC has a sense of humor and that the email was merely an April Fool’s joke.

Sigma Chi fraternity’s secrets offered on eBay before removal

Indiana Daily Student (Indiana U.)

ELSEWHERE

Police say U. Wisconsin student’s abduction a hoax

U-WIRE- U. Wisconsin

Madison Police say they have found inconsistencies in University of Wisconsin sophomore Audrey Seiler’s story after she admitted she was not abducted from her apartment. Madison Police are not pursuing an armed suspect that could have abducted Seiler four days before her finding. At a press conference Friday afternoon, police chief Noble Wray said the Madison police department obtained additional information leading investigators to believe Seiler’s story was bogus.

“[We believe] Audrey Seiler was not abducted at knife point,” Wray said at the press conference. “We do not believe that there is a suspect at large, period.”

Wray pointed out several “inconsistencies” in Seiler’s statement about her abduction from her Regent apartment Saturday morning, and then her added testimony saying she was not abducted from her apartment but at the marsh in southern Madison where she was found. Seiler, though police have debunked her story, has not “admitted to” lying about an abduction at this time. Wray said police are still investigating the incident and did not rule out filing charges against Seiler in the future.

ETC

QuantUM Entertainment is searching for a Director for its Fall 2004 show. For more information, visit www.gotoquantum.com/DIRECTOR.

Tickets are now on sale for QuantUM Entertainment’s West Side Story at the UM Ticketmaster booth, online www.gotoquantum.com/westside or call: 305-284-6399. Shows are at the Hillel Theatre.

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...