NEWS BRIEFS

UM NEWS

FEC plays April Fool’s joke on its members

On March 31, all members of the Federation of Cuban Students [FEC], known as FECkers, received an email from the FEC executive board explaining that, at the Senate meeting that day, FEC was kicked out of their office and had until Friday at noon to empty out their belongings. The email encouraged FECkers to stay unified and said FEC would continue with or without an office, being that they consider themselves a “strong entity.” It turns out the leadership at FEC has a sense of humor and that the email was merely an April Fool’s joke.

Sigma Chi fraternity’s secrets offered on eBay before removal

Indiana Daily Student (Indiana U.)

ELSEWHERE

Police say U. Wisconsin student’s abduction a hoax

U-WIRE- U. Wisconsin

Madison Police say they have found inconsistencies in University of Wisconsin sophomore Audrey Seiler’s story after she admitted she was not abducted from her apartment. Madison Police are not pursuing an armed suspect that could have abducted Seiler four days before her finding. At a press conference Friday afternoon, police chief Noble Wray said the Madison police department obtained additional information leading investigators to believe Seiler’s story was bogus.

“[We believe] Audrey Seiler was not abducted at knife point,” Wray said at the press conference. “We do not believe that there is a suspect at large, period.”

Wray pointed out several “inconsistencies” in Seiler’s statement about her abduction from her Regent apartment Saturday morning, and then her added testimony saying she was not abducted from her apartment but at the marsh in southern Madison where she was found. Seiler, though police have debunked her story, has not “admitted to” lying about an abduction at this time. Wray said police are still investigating the incident and did not rule out filing charges against Seiler in the future.

ETC

QuantUM Entertainment is searching for a Director for its Fall 2004 show. For more information, visit www.gotoquantum.com/DIRECTOR.

Tickets are now on sale for QuantUM Entertainment’s West Side Story at the UM Ticketmaster booth, online www.gotoquantum.com/westside or call: 305-284-6399. Shows are at the Hillel Theatre.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...