LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

I was able to read the latest editorial piece in The Hurricane. It was an apology for not running an advertisement but the writer never once mentioned what the advertisement was about. The apology just went on. I guess they thought that the controversy over not printing this advertisement had already caused such uproar on campus that everyone would know what they were talking about without ever mentioning it. However, readers such as myself, who only read The Hurricane occasionally, have no earthly idea what they are talking about. So the question remains: Why would you write an opinion piece about your decision not to print an advertisement if you’re too cowardly to discuss the details of the ad and the reasons why you didn’t print it? I found this editorial to be utterly pathetic from a journalistic standpoint.

Sincerely,

Robert Bandes
UM parent

Editor’s Note: In the aforementioned issue (April 12, 2004), there was an article explaining the contents of the advertisement on page 3 of the News section.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...