CD REVIEWS LouQuo says something far from so long

From the first chords of the first track, “Perique,” louque, pronounced “Luke,” makes a sultry statement. The debut album of louque, named for frontman Dustan Louque, is a mesmerizing mix of hypnotizing beats and soothing vocals. Using leading man Dustan Louque’s Cajun background, the record utilizes influences from folk, soul, electronic, and raw piano, creating a unique and addicting sound in and of it’s own. Featuring a mix of slow, soul infused songs, the album called So Long consists of nine rhythmical tracks, including a cover of Mazzy Star’s “Cry Cry.” Much like falling in love, the album is a blur of stories and moving lyrics, swaying the body to a sensual beat, providing the perfect soundtrack for a small festivity, a serene evening, or a whimsical romp with a special someone.

The record begs to be played over and over, serving as a staple in any technology meant to deliver music. However, listeners are to be cautioned, as a sense of nostalgia does ensue after listening to such songs as “Time Will Take” and piano filled “Art.” Either way, louque delivers, and keeps delivering even after the play button has been worn down.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...