NEWS BRIEFS

UMTV named best newscast

UM won an award for best newscast at the Florida Associated Press Broadcasters College Contest. Congratulations to UM student winners Stephen Webster, Mike McCormick, Catherine Chubb, Jason Kennedy, Erin Resnick, and Lena Fernandez. Awards will be handed out on April 24, at the FAPB’s college luncheon at Universal Orlando’s Portofino Bay Hotel.

UM teams up with

IMG Academies

UM has entered into an exclusive educational partnership with the prestigious IMG Academies in Bradenton, Florida. Already underway since January, the University of Miami is teaching language courses through its Intensive English Program on campus at IMG Academies. The University plans to offer more courses of study on site.

Harvard sex mag

funding approved

U-WIRE Boston University

In spite of opposition from some if its members, the undergraduate council at Harvard University decided Sunday to grant $2,000 to H-Bomb, a controversial student sex magazine that now will soon be published.

“We try to give money to all recognized students groups,” said Matthew Mahan, president of the Harvard Undergraduate Council.

Mahan said there was “some lively debate” during the council’s regular meeting last Sunday and that some students felt “a moral imperative to censor” the magazine, particularly because of the talk of rape fantasies being included in H-Bomb. The $2,000 allocated to the magazine will not come from Harvard University’s general funds, but instead from the Harvard Undergraduate Council, which manages a separate set of funds. Mahan said there is a possibility that the magazine crosses certain lines.

“In that case,” he said, “we won’t fund them again.”

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...