NEWS BRIEFS

UMTV named best newscast

UM won an award for best newscast at the Florida Associated Press Broadcasters College Contest. Congratulations to UM student winners Stephen Webster, Mike McCormick, Catherine Chubb, Jason Kennedy, Erin Resnick, and Lena Fernandez. Awards will be handed out on April 24, at the FAPB’s college luncheon at Universal Orlando’s Portofino Bay Hotel.

UM teams up with

IMG Academies

UM has entered into an exclusive educational partnership with the prestigious IMG Academies in Bradenton, Florida. Already underway since January, the University of Miami is teaching language courses through its Intensive English Program on campus at IMG Academies. The University plans to offer more courses of study on site.

Harvard sex mag

funding approved

U-WIRE Boston University

In spite of opposition from some if its members, the undergraduate council at Harvard University decided Sunday to grant $2,000 to H-Bomb, a controversial student sex magazine that now will soon be published.

“We try to give money to all recognized students groups,” said Matthew Mahan, president of the Harvard Undergraduate Council.

Mahan said there was “some lively debate” during the council’s regular meeting last Sunday and that some students felt “a moral imperative to censor” the magazine, particularly because of the talk of rape fantasies being included in H-Bomb. The $2,000 allocated to the magazine will not come from Harvard University’s general funds, but instead from the Harvard Undergraduate Council, which manages a separate set of funds. Mahan said there is a possibility that the magazine crosses certain lines.

“In that case,” he said, “we won’t fund them again.”

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...