LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the editor:

This is in response to Mr. Arauz’s article, “Crickets, Coffee, and a Side of Cockroach.” The thing that I found most surprising about it was the fact that everyone said it was the first time they had heard about the problem. I lived in Hecht Residential College last year and found bugs in my hot chocolate from that machine twice (why I went back a second time, I don’t know). My roommate also found roaches in hers, and I know that I heard about other people finding more creepy-crawlies. I also know that it was reported to the front desk. Why this problem was not fixed, I don’t know, and I only regret that this was not exposed. I only wish that more research had been done before publishing the article, such as asking students who had lived in Hecht previous years. Hopefully the machine will be fixed for real this time.

Sincerely,

Katherine Henry

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...