Alternative Spring Break Programs

*AIDS/HIV – Work at assisted-living facilities that house AIDS/HIV patients. Activities include general cleaning and interacting with the residents.

*Domestic Violence – Work at a battered women’s shelter doing miscellaneous chores and light maintenance that the shelter cannot afford to pay for.

*Hunger and Homelessness – Learn about the issues the homeless face and help with food preparation and light maintenance work around the shelter.

*Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

*Animal Sanctuary – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Youth Violence – Work with children in inner-city schools promoting non-violent alternatives.

*Poverty Issues – Migrant Farm Workers – Learn about the issues migrant farm workers face – being paid below minimum wage, no health insurance, poverty levels, etc. – and join the workers in the field.

*Mini Site (Sat. – Wed.): Animal Rights – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Mini Site (Wed. – Sat.): Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...