Alternative Spring Break Programs

*AIDS/HIV – Work at assisted-living facilities that house AIDS/HIV patients. Activities include general cleaning and interacting with the residents.

*Domestic Violence – Work at a battered women’s shelter doing miscellaneous chores and light maintenance that the shelter cannot afford to pay for.

*Hunger and Homelessness – Learn about the issues the homeless face and help with food preparation and light maintenance work around the shelter.

*Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

*Animal Sanctuary – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Youth Violence – Work with children in inner-city schools promoting non-violent alternatives.

*Poverty Issues – Migrant Farm Workers – Learn about the issues migrant farm workers face – being paid below minimum wage, no health insurance, poverty levels, etc. – and join the workers in the field.

*Mini Site (Sat. – Wed.): Animal Rights – Learn about issues concerning exotic animals, work on building animal habitats and prepare and feed animals.

*Mini Site (Wed. – Sat.): Environmental – Work on educational issues concerning the environment and natural park restoration/preservation.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

The University of Miami volleyball team (10-6, 6-3 ACC) came up short in an ACC home match for the f ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...