GREEK WEEK Fraternities, sororities partake in a week of unity, pride, and benefit for greater causes

Greek Week is over, and in the end, all Greeks united on the UC Patio for Sunday’s closing ceremonies to find out the winners of all the different competitions held throughout the week. Lambda Chi Alpha and Delta Phi Epsilon came out on top. Overall, UM Greeks raised $9,892 for their annual charity, United Cerebral Palsy [UCP].

Monday’s blood drive kicked off Greek Week, collecting 829 total units of blood. The teams donating the most received monetary awards. Other events included Olympic Day, Organized Cheer, Mystery Event, Song Fest and a Dance-A-Thon.

Throughout the week’s events, spirit among the Greeks intensified. Before the closing ceremonies began, each fraternity and sorority – donning their respective shirts – waited with anticipation.

“Greek Week is the hardest event of the year – We spent so much time on it,” said Mehmet Yarangumelioglu, a Lambda Chi Alpha freshman. “If we don’t win, I’m not doing it again.”

Lauren Johnson, a Delta Delta Delta freshman, said Organized Cheer was “a lot of fun but also a lot of work – but in the end it was worth it because we all had fun and did our best.”

Zeta Tau Alpha could not join the festivities this year because they were participating in a fashion show.

Delta Phi Epsilon sisters Cara Marie Rogers, sophomore, and Meredith Mulligan, junior, said they loved Greek Week this year.

“It was a pretty close call and everyone did well,” Rogers said. “We’re so excited about winning, and most of all, we are proud of everyone.”

Shalu Patel can be reached at s.patel16@umiami.edu

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...