POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tips of the Week: Here are some tips from Officer Henry L. Christensen, director of the Department of Public Safety, about safety in and about your vehicle.
I Always keep your car doors locked with the windows closed.
I Try not to leave valuable items in plain view where they can be seen, lock them in the trunk.
I Keep your vehicle’s key in your hand when entering.
I Make sure that your spare tire and jack are in working order, and always make sure that you have enough fuel in your vehicle.
I Never give strangers a ride, even if they claim to be students.
I If you think you’re being followed, drive to a well-lit populated area or to a police station and keep your cell phone charged, ready and activated.
I If you break down, stay with your car and call for assistance.
I Never accept a ride from a stranger.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 25

8:43 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Burglary

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 26

12:23 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Fraud
2:30 p.m. 1200 Dickinson Dr. Petit Theft
4:56 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 27

7:08 a.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28

8:50 a.m. 1245 Walsh Ave. Vandalism
3:39 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Theft
6:25 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary

MONDAY MARCH 1

5:45 a.m. 5401 Ponce de Leon Hit and Run
10:07 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism
5:17 p.m. 1251 Memorial Dr. Theft
5:17 p.m. 1365 Memorial Dr. Theft

TUESDAY MARCH 2

9:17 a.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 305-284-6666.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

The University of Miami volleyball team (10-6, 6-3 ACC) came up short in an ACC home match for the f ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...